So, it has been quite a long time since I've posted last. I figured I'd give it another shot, haha. It's already halfway through the semester, which is crazy! All my guy friends are talking about working on their papers, how long til they get their call, and I have a few who just entered the MTC, a few who are entering the MTC on Wednesday. One of my friends is already in his first area - Barrington, Nova Scotia! It's this little lobster fishing town in southern Nova Scotia, and he's serving in a branch of 4 or 5 people - talk about small! He also said that the accent there is a mix between pirate and redneck, which I think is pretty cool.
Anyway, the weather here has finally been warming up! There are still some snow patches, mostly because they're in the shade. On Saturday though, it got up to about 50 degrees, and it was so bright and sunny! I had some friends invite me to go play ultimate frisbee with them, and I desperately wanted to go run around in the sunshine, but I turned it down for homework like a good college student. However, I took some blankets outside and laid on the grass, listening to my iPod and reading for physical science and bio. It felt so nice that I stayed there for two hours!
I haven't be very diligent in going to the temple this semester, and so on Friday a few friends and I were going to go in the afternoon. However, when I got there, I realized I had my expired recommend with me and not my current one. I left and was walking back home feeling kinda bummed, because I had been looking forward to going all day. But as I was walking, my friends Mallory and Angela were out on a run, and Angela told me she was going the next morning, and invited me to go with her. I felt like that was a blessing to me because I had tried to go, but was unable to. I really don't like going anywhere by myself, so having Angela invite me along for the next morning was really a blessing to me. It wasn't too crowded for a Saturday morning, and it was nice to just sit and have the peace surround me. Now every Friday, Alena, Cristina, and I are going to try and go in the morning before class. Cristina has class at 8, which means we're going to leave around 5:30 am to walk to the temple. We may not get as much sleep, but we will be blessing others and ourselves!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow Nan! You're so good, way to be an example!
Hey! It is good to have another blog from Andrea. I keep checking! I am glad to hear that you are going to try to go to the temple that often. You really will feel the Spirit. I wish I could go more often.
Yea Andrea! You had such a nice weekend it sounds like. I'm glad you got to go to the temple.
Love you!
Post a Comment